Welcome to Billinghay Church of England Primary School.
A very warm welcome to Billinghay C of E Primary School. We are an Ofsted ‘Good’ single form entry primary school in the rural village of Billinghay, taking children from Reception to Year 6. We offer wrap around childcare from 7.30am to 5.30pm in term time, excellent facilities, beautifully behaved and well mannered children and staff committed to each and every child reaching their full potential. As a research informed school we value professional development and invest in this to give our pupils the very best.
Our school motto is ‘Believe to achieve, empowering a community of hope and aspiration’. It reflects the firm foundations that we believe we give to our children and 2 of the key pillars of Christian Vision. The pillars of hope (aspiration) and community.
The Biblical quote ‘Ask and it shall be given, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened’ from Matthew 7.7 permeates through all that we do. Our children know that with hard work, determination and God’s help they can open doors to a brighter future.
We aim to give our children the cultural capital they need to make aspirational choices and experience success beyond their time at school. We achieve this through having a broad and balanced curriculum which is ambitious for all, enabling all our children to achieve their potential and flourish socially, emotionally, morally and culturally. It links to our Christian values and fosters six key learning behaviours: ensuring our children are courageous, resilient, inquisitive, collaborative, respectful and adaptable.
We hope you enjoy browsing our website and you find all the information you are looking for. However, if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Parents and prospective parents are always very welcome to visit.
If you require a hard copy of any information on our website, please contact Mrs Sedlan or Mrs Woolerton in the school office, and they will arrange for this to be provided for you free of charge.
This is what our parents say are the strengths of our school:
- The school praises and encourages children. There is a good system of rewards and behaviour is good. Parents are informed if there are any issues.
- Children are well looked after and additional assistance/help/support is provided for children where necessary.
- High quality before and after school provision from the Breakfast Club, After School Kids Club and sporting clubs.
- The school is very welcoming and all staff are approachable. The school deals with any concerns that are raised well. It is easy to raise concerns, staff listen to any issues and deal with any that arise promptly.
- The school communicates well with parents/carers who are kept well informed.
- The school has an interesting curriculum/ topics and learning is fun